Sea vegetables are scientifically recognised as a food with a high
Since 1998, ALGAMAR has cooperated with the Spanish National Research Council (Department of Metabolism and Nutrition) and the University of Santiago de Compostela (Bromatology) and Complutense University of Madrid (Pharmacy) in carrying out various studies of the potential of native edible sea vegetables.
is confirmed by research scientists who have studied ALGAMAR’s
sea vegetables in Spain.
- low calorie and fat content
- high concentration of minerals, vitamins, proteins (essential
amino acids) and indigestible carbohydrates
- high level of dietary fibre
- high content of nutrients
“Algae are an optimum world source of food” (Consejo Superior de
Investigaciones Científicas de España-1999).
A foodstuff rich in proteins, minerals, vitamins and other
specific nutrients, such as polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Noteworthy for its high content in minerals and trace elements.
All the elements needed by the human body are found in sufficient
quantities in algae.
(Universidad Complutense de Madrid – Spain -2001)
The results obtained show that these sea vegetables have:
A high mineral salts and dietary fibre content
An appreciable protein content
And a low overall lipid content
They therefore have the characteristics we look for in a healthy food.
(University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain - 2008)
One of the oldest living beings on the planet, they are
also one of the few wild vegetables
– a true luxury
in these times.
A natural resource that renews itself
every year in the sea
and is therefore a stable and sustainable food.
A SUMMARY OF THE PROPERTIES OF ATLANTIC
- It is the largest natural source of essential minerals (calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, etc.) and trace elements (almost all of them, particularly iodine, silicon, zinc, manganese, copper and selenium).
- High biological value proteins: these complement the proteins from other foods as they contain all the essential amino acids and nine of the non-essential ones.
- Vitamins, especially those in groups A and C.
- Its abundant fibre is satiating and helps intestinal transit.
- Strengthens bones, hair and nails.
- In addition to nourishing us, they stimulate our metabolism and circulation, help with weight control and activate our natural defences.